Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Show N Go

Annie and I went to Flower Mound for a show n go today.   It was a small turnout for novice so we didn't have to wait long for our turn.  Our on leash heel was pretty good - I didn't have Annie quite warmed up enough so she got a little bit ahead of me on the sits but was nice and perky for the rest (other than being distracted oggling at the audience). Our figure eight she lagged ( judge said "hurry, hury").  Next was our stand for examination.  I hurried Annie on this -she was standing so I pulled on her to sit. Judge told me that was a no no. Oops.  Then Annie was just a bit restless for some reason, figdeting with her feet. For our recall, I made yet another handler error.  I set her on her sit and then walked back with my hands clasped together in front of me. I remembered I need them by my side so when I turned around I moved them, Annie saw that and zoomed over to me. We did a redo, and she did it quite nicely.  Then on to our offleash heel.  Annie was actually quite good for this (best to date).  So all in all...a decent learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment